We love awesome people! Our team hands out high-fives, kisses babies and does back-flips (okay, maybe not), but we do always go the extra mile to make sure our guests are happy! Join in on the fun, sling some wine and enjoy gorgeous views of the bay at Michigan’s largest winery!
TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATE
5019 North West Bay Shore Drive, Omena, MI 49674
The Tasting Room Sales Associate is responsible for providing the front-line guest experience. As a Tasting Room Associate you are responsible for providing the best possible experience to all of our Tasting Room guests by developing relationships that promote sales and brand loyalty. This position is the champion of customer service in creating the perfect balance of education and good times.
- Greet all guests to the winery and pour wines for tasting.
- Create a memorable experience for the guests
- Describe wines and winery history; answer visitors’ questions about wines.
- Operate POS system
- Assist with display and stocking of retail items and wines
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of facilities
- Possesses professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must be able to work weekends and flexible schedules.
- The employee is regularly required to operate a register and pour wine, hear and speak to exchange information, and taste or smell wine
- The employee is frequently required to stand, move or walk for prolonged periods of time
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, walk and reach with hands and arms
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to coordinate multiple projects or tasks
- Full-time, Part-time, Seasonal
- Pay: $14.00 per hour, plus gratuities
- Bonus pay
- Signing Bonus
SUPPLEMENTAL PAY TYPES:
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- In person
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a brief cover letter and resume.
BOTTLING LINE OPERATOR
Bottling Line Operator
Leelanau Cellars is seeking a candidates for the position of Bottling Line Operator. The primary work site for this position is in Omena, Michigan (located 25 minutes outside of Traverse City).
6 Month Expectations
- Operate bottling line to the highest level of safety, quality and efficiency on a daily basis
- Support wine production team to run the bottling line
- Troubleshoot and perform general repairs on equipment as needed to maintain wine production standards
- Perform and lead changeovers of equipment including cleaning and sanitizing procedures
- Complete work orders with minimal oversight
- Monitor production facility for cleanliness and address issues
- Promotes and maintains a safe culture within the facility and adheres to all safety regulations and guidelines
12 Month Expectations
- Identify and lead continuous improvement opportunities in areas of safety , quality and efficiency
- Reduce bottling line changeover hours and scrap rate
- At least 3 years of experience working in the beverage industry or CPG manufacturing.
- Previous experience in a maintenance role preferred.
- Working knowledge of bottling lines.
- Must be reliable, on-time, and engaged.
- High technical/maintenance aptitude.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, hardworking environment.
- Ability to understand and comply with all safety requirements.
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary.
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time and the ability to climb up ladders.
- Effective communication skills.
- Must be fluent in English, however proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Brewing/Production: 1 year (Preferred)
Please submit a copy of your resumé below along with any additional information you deem necessary! (* = required)